|Group of study field: Social Sciences (1)
|Field of studies: Political Sciences (1)
East Asia Region Studies
||Vytautas Magnus University
|Summary of the programme profile:
Objective(s) of a study programme:
Master’s degree program in East Asia Region Studies is aimed at preparing qualified specialists to
work in diplomatic structures, governmental and non-governmental institutions, business
organizations, academic institutions, as well as European and East Asian diplomatic institutions that
have demand for East Asian region experts.
1. Fluency in one of East Asian languages (Chinese, Korean or Japanese, depending on
2. Effective communication skills across East Asian cultures and audiences at a personal and
3. Knowledge of contemporary tendencies in East Asian politics and economics;
4. Ability to critically analyze East Asian and international political and economical processes,
to evaluate their changes and development trends;
5. Fundamental knowledge of history, culture and religion of the countries belonging to East
6. Ability to apply research, communication and evaluation methods and tools in different
academic and practical activities (educational, informational, consultation etc.).
Activities of teaching and learning:
Teaching, oriented towards students; lectures, emphasising the work of teacher; self-dependent research activities; discussions, based on insights, etc.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Verbal and oral exams; case studies; presentations;
self evaluation and evaluation of colleagues; essay.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Taught in English.
|Duration in credits, form and duration:
Full-time - 2 (metais)
|Field of education:
||Social and behavioural sciences
|Sub-sector of education:
||Political sciences and civics
|Study programme national code: