There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Language of instruction
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Professional Bachelor of Agriculture Sciences
Place of delivery
|Kauno r. sav., Samylų sen., Girionių k., Liepų g. 1
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 8/31/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
educate an agricultural expert having theoretical knowledge, application and analytical skills, who can build a business, i.e. carry out specialized economic activities, rationally select and apply horticultural and floricultural technologies, organize marketing of farm products, while ensuring their quality, is able to perform maintenance work on ornamental plants.
1. Knows and can assess Lithuanian and the EU agri-environment.
2. Knows plant morphology and bioecological characteristics.
3. Knows the principles of rational land use and environmental impact.
4. Can perform research and summarize the results using information technology, scientific literature and other sources of information.
5. Is able to assess the quality of agricultural production.
6. Is able to organize and plan specialized agricultural development, yield and its quality formation patterns, product realization.
7. Is able to advise on cultivation and care.
8. Understands Lithuanian business environment, knows the laws in force.
9. Is able to evaluate the quality of agricultural production.
10. Can create and manage agricultural business, communicate with agricultural experts and the public in solving professional problems.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Lectures, seminars, workshops, individual work, laboratory work, group work, assignments focused on real problems, analysis of literature reviews, thesis.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Study results are evaluated during the semester (written interim accounts, control work, written and verbally defended laboratory work) and defending of the final thesis. Exams are conducted in writing or in writing and orally. Students' knowledge in exams is rated from 1 (very poor) to 10 (excellent). Evaluations from 1 to 4 are considered unsatisfactory.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
The volume of subjects of the main study area comprises 135 credits (including practice).
General college subjects (15 credits) - Foreign Language; Labour and Civil Safety; Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Study trend subjects: Agroecology and Environmental Protection, Medicinal Plants and Herbs, Plant Physiology, Essentials of Microbiology and Mycology, Technologies of Horticulture and Market Gardening, Essentials of Agriculture and Seed Breeding, Phytopathology, Commercial Floriculture, Quality and Safety of Raw Food Plant Materials, Storage of Raw Plant Materials, Processing and Commercial Preparation, Greenhouse Business and others. The program provides final practice with a volume of 12 cr.
- Foreign Language (second);
- Behavioral Culture ;
- Social Psychology;
- Communication psychology;
- Finance and Accounting;
- Basics of Plant Nurseries;
- Growing of Herbs;
- Energy, Christmas Trees, Willow Plantations;
- Healthy Diet;
- Plant Ethnology;
- Non-Traditional Garden Crops;
- Alternative Gardening and Horticulture;
- Small and Medium Business;
- Basics of Business Organization;
- Business Economics and Management;
- Environmental Education;
- Data Protection;
- Basic of Law;
- Information Technology.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Studied subjects may be taught in virtual teaching - learning environment Moodle.
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to professional activity:
Graduates will be able to create and develop their own businesses - to create their own farms, work in agricultural and landscaping enterprises.
Access to further study:
Graduates of professional undergraduate studies and additional (equalizing) studies under the programs approved by universities have the right to join Master's studies.