There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Language of instruction
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Professional Bachelor of Agriculture Sciences
Place of delivery
|Klaipėdos m. sav. Klaipėdos m. Jaunystės g. 1
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 6/30/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
To train a broad profile Professional Bachelor in College Education, that is able to project, organize and manage technological processes of agricultural production
1. To be aware of legal acts, principles of documentation arrangement.
2. To know about qualities of plant species and animal breeds, their qualities of development, regularities of efficiency formation, changes and improvement.
3. To define the importance of soil to ecosystems and agricultural activity.
4. To develop and apply the knowledge and skills of the fundamental sciences in the professional activity.
5. To apply skills and knowledge of social, physical and technological sciences in the professional activity.
6. To collect, systemize and analyze data, sources and information, survey outputs while developing agribusiness and working on the reports and final projects.
7. To evaluate quality of the items produced and the works executed.
8. To organize and plan the technological process of plant production and animal husbandry.
9. To select elements of the technological process of plant production and animal husbandry, and the material resources needed.
10. To exploit agricultural buildings.
11. To organize storage and marketing of the agricultural production.
12. To analyze and assess business environment and own opportunities.
13. To plan activity of an enterprise, its income and to manage the process of company operation.
14. To apply knowledge of the Lithuanian and foreign languages in the professional activity.
15. To be aware of the current policy of the environment protection and global problems
Activities of teaching and learning:
Learning and teaching focuses on the student. Lectures, practical work (task-based), individual work, term papers and thesis, independent study of literature, discussions and group work.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Study results are evaluated during the semester. Is applied the formative (informal) assessment and formal assessment, based on a cumulative manner; each subject (module) study is completed by a written examination or self-performed work tasks delivery and evaluation of professional practice evaluation report. Exam assessments from 1 to 4 are not satisfactory. At the end of the program the thesis prepared and defended.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
Study programs consist of 180 credits (4800 working hours). Permanent length of study - three years (6 semesters), part-time study duration of four years ( 8 semesters).
Volume of the subjects of the basics in the study field of the Study Programmer is - 156 credits (87%), general subjects of the collegial studies – 15 credits (8%). 30 credits (18 % ) is for practices, optional subjects 9 credit (5%), final practice 9 credits(5%) and work on the final thesis 9 credits (5%).
Students spend 940 hours of theory lectures, 1010 hours of workshops, 404 hours counseling and evaluation and 2446 hours for independent activities.
The students can increase their knowledge in the fields of study, choosing alternative field of study subjects
Distinctive features of a study programmer:
Lithuanian is the language of instruction. Knowledge and skills are formed to work in the appropriate areas of agriculture. The study programmer is focused on the development of a personality with broad outlook, creative and critical thinking, able to communicate well, to deal with problems of agriculture and applying advanced technologies, able to organize agricultural production, its marketing and to assure the quality of agricultural products, able to establish a company and to adjust creatively to changes of the labor market
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to Professional activity:
Professional Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences will be able to:
• Organize technological process of plant production and animal husbandry.
• Establish a company of plant production, animal husbandry or any other agricultural company, to manage production, storing and marketing work of the agricultural produce.
• Analyze technological documentation, estimate technologies of agricultural production, plan production applying innovations in practice.
• Communicate and cooperate with the subordinates and employees in other establishments, business partners, possess knowledge of management, law and environment protection.
• Estimate costs of production, develop business and activity plans of a company, to analyze economic business environment.
• Evaluate environment of the agricultural business and market of the produce.
• Assure quality of plant production and animal husbandry produce.
Access to further study:
Having completed the study programmer, the graduates will be able to access to further studies in other higher schools in Lithuania and abroad that are approved according to the order set in Lithuania: ASU (Agronomy, Plant Biology and Selection, Smart Husbandry and etc.) and to continue studies in foreign universities.