There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Language of instruction
| english, lithuanian
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Bachelor of Business Management
Place of delivery
|Kaunas, K. Donelaičio g. 58
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 6/30/2021
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
To educate a profesional financial specialists with analitical, creative and critical thinking, systematic approach and knowledge of business best practices; who know traditional and innovative mechanizms, metods and tools of financial anaysis and management; and who are able to appy them in business management decisions making in national and international environment.
1) to recognize and understand economics tendencies, mechanizms and models; mechanizms and components of financial system; and to evaluate microeconomic, legal, social environment, financial system and their changes in national and international levels;
2) to be able to explain and apply traditional and innovative mechanizms, metods and tools for business processes’ accounting and internal as well as external reporting, financial analysis and control, risk assessment and business finance management;
3) to systematize, analize and evaluate financial, economic, statistical data and information; and to chose appropriate technological, organizational and methodological means, required for efficient business management and long term value creation;
4) to understand business aims and to be able to explain, analize and evaluate core and specialized business activities and processes;
5) to plan, organize and execute professional activities and research; to pass on knowledge and understanding, to communicate, discuss and work in team effectively; to make decisions and take responsibility for the results;
6) to have core values and principles essential for a financial specialist; systematic approach; analitical, creative and critical thinking; to know and understand principles of business and professional ethics and of social responsibility.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Planned teahning methods: Provision of information (explanation, illustration) using visual aids; formulation and explanation of practical tasks; formulation and explanation of problematic examples and issues; moderation of discussion; consulting; explanation of business cases; moderation of case analysis.
Planned learning methods:discussion; debate; brain-storm, case analysis; analysis of problematic examples and issues; solutions of problems; project learning; consultations; search for information in textooks, scientific literature, research papers, periodicals, etc. and its analysis; role plays; execution and presentation (orally, in written) of individual tasks (presentations, written assingments, projects, etc.); execution, presentation (orally, in written), evaluation and discussion of team assignments; observation of business processes and activities during field trips; oral self-reflection.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Written assessment (during the colloquium, control assignments and examination); assessment of case analysis; assessment of the group assignments work in progress and the final results; assessment of the oral and written presentation of seminar tasks; assessment of the individual assignments work in progress and the final results.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
General university subjects: subjects from groups A, B and D. During the first two years of studies a student has to accumulate a total of 34 ECTS from groups A and B (English level B2 is compulsory for all graduates of the university). Group D subjects could be elected during third and fourth year of studies as optional courses (instead of optional courses in the fields of marketing, business administration, economics and finance). In total optional courses amount for 30 ECTS.
Compulsory subjects for the Programme students: (a total of 206 ECTS). Out of them:
• Core (compulsory) subjects: microeconomics, macroeconomics, mathematics, fundamentals of finance, essencials of management, principles of marketing, management information systems, business law, business ethics and social responsibility, business best practices, performance measurement systems (a total 43 ECTS);
• Study field’s compulsory subjects: EU financial system, public finance, financial accounting and reporting, computerized accounting systems, management accounting, financial calculations, statistical methods in economics, applied econometrics, financial analysis and control, investment and risk, taxes and taxation, business finance management, financial modeling, managerial decision making, international economics, Term paper I, Term paper II (a total of 106 ECTS)
• Practices: introductory practice, qualification practice, (a total of 15 ECTS);
• Bachelor thesis (12 ECTS)
6 optional courses have to be chosen (a total of 30 ECTS) from:
Marketing field: digital marketing, marketing channels and logistics, new product development and pricing, retailing.
Business administration field: competitiveness and innovation, human resource management, operations management, quality management systems.
Economics field: integration economics, labor economics, public sector economics, welfare economics.
Finance field: introduction to banking, household finance management.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Some subjects my be tought in English.
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to professional activity:
A graduate of Business Finance bachelor programme will have sufficient knowledge and skills to enter labor market and make a sucessfull carrier as financial specialist, financial analysts, accountant, financial controler, auditor and consultant in various type and size business entities, financial institutions and public sector organizations.
Access to further study:
A graduate of the Business Finance bachelor programme will be able enter master studies in finance, accounting, economics, management and business administration as well as other social science areas in Lithuanian and foreign universities.