There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Language of instruction
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Professional Bachelor of Agriculture Sciences
Place of delivery
|Utena, Maironio g. 7
Institution that has carried out assessment
| Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 8/31/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
To train a highly qualified specialist, a Professional Bachelor of Foodstuff Technology, having sufficient knowledge and competences to evaluate the quality of food industry raw materials, other materials and production, to design a technological process, manage foodstuff manufacturing technological processes, organize a foodstuff company (division) activity and ready for a high-level and complicated professional activity in a constantly changing labour market.
1. Will gain knowledge of natural and physical sciences, will know and understand basic concepts and theoretical fundaments of agriculture technology and will apply them to draw decisions in professional activity.
2. Will know the ways of agriculture products manufacturing, will know and relate the knowledge of agriculture technology field.
3. Will execute a technological process.
4. Will assess quality of the jobs performed.
5. Will analyse agriculture products market.
6. Will assess plant-growing technological processes.
7. Will select agriculture machinery and buildings.
8. Will organize storage and sale of agriculture products.
9. Will organize the process of an enterprise management.
10. Will communicate with plant-growing and stock breeding professionals and society, will comprehend the importance of individual lifelong learning
11. Will assess business environment and own
12. opportunities, will know the basic aspects of project management and business on the level of technological activity
13. Will learn independently, will communicate in own and foreign language, will apply the opportunities provided by information technologies, the principles of professional ethics when analysing and summarising activity results.
14. Will find, store and analyse recent information found in databases and other resources so necessary for agriculture activity.
Production and Management of Renewable Energy:
1. Will plan and organize renewable energy technological processes
2. Will select and adjust renewable energy sources in agriculture
3. Will assess the benefit of renewable energy sources for agriculture.
Organization of Agriculture Activity:
1. Will plan and organize effective usage of agriculture production factors
2. Will analyse and control possessed material resources.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Innovative teaching and learning methods are applied. Student centered to self-directed work, based on assignments and group work. The program aims at active participation of students in the study process, the aim is to create an active educational environment using various methods: interactive lectures, practical work, discussions, solution of situations, reading and analysis of teaching literature, project preparation, etc.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
The study results are assessed at the level of achievement of studies and in the tenth grade of the criteria evaluation system according to the Utena College's study results assessment procedure in 2017, which can be found on web page:https://www.utenos-kolegija.lt/upload/file_manager/Kolegija/Studiju%20rezultatu%20vertinimo%20tvarka_2017-03-21.pdf
The most common form of assessment in the College is an exam or project, depending on the results of the study programme. The final evaluation of a subject is a cumulative score.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
General College Study Subjects (16 ECTS): Psichology/Sociology, Contemporary Lithuanian and Document Management, Professional Foreign Language, Professional Ethics.
Subjects in the Study Field (101 ECTS): Mathematics, Law, Industrial and Civil Safety, Electronic Data Procesing, Fundamentals of Biology and Biochemistry, Ecology, Mikro-Macroeconomics, Company Economy, Fundamentals of Management, Agriculture Policy, Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Planting Technologies, Horticulture and Olericulture Technologies, Fundamentals of Seed Farming, Fundamentals of Veterinary, Cattle-Breeding Technologies, Mechanization of Farms.
Practices (30 ECTS): Cognitive Practice, Practice of Farming Technologies, Practice of Mechanization of Farms, Final Practice.
Preparation and assessment of the Final Work (9 ECTS)
Production and Management of Renewable Energy (15 ECTS): Renewable Energy Sources and Technology, Energy Economy, Project Management.
Organization of Agriculture Activity (15 ECTS): Marketing Research, Logistics of Agriculture Products, Financial Accounting, Project Management
Alternative Elective Subjects: Philosophy /Sociology.
Optional studies (9 ECTS): any three subjects from the list of freely selective subjects (courses) found at the following link: https://www.utenos-kolegija.lt/upload/file_manager/STUDENTAMS/LPD_2018-2019_Bendras.pdf
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Part of the study program performed in foreign language (English and Russian).
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to professional activity:
After acquiring a bachelor's degree in agricultural sciences, people can work as agricultural technicians in commodity agriculture (in agricultural enterprises or in farm farms).
Access to further study:
Graduates will be able to continue their bachelor's degree studies at a university. After completing supplementary studies or fulfilling other requirements set by the higher education institution, they will have the right to enter the second cycle master studies and the third cycle doctoral studies.