There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Language of instruction
| english, lithuanian
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Bachelor of Business Management
Place of delivery
|Vilnius, Saulėtekio al. 11
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 8/31/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
To prepare a business logistics professionals able to apply integrated management theories and methods for analysis of external and internal environment and logistics processes, experienced in the organization and implementation of standards and models for material and information flows management in the modern business, which allows the formation of business logistics strategies based on sustainable development principles, oriented to innovation and technology development, able to take a systematic, critical and constructive thinking based solutions in manufacturing, information, sourcing, distribution, recycling, finance, reverse logistics, and be prepared for continuous improvement, self-study for lifelong learning.
1. Know the principles and methods of sciences of humanities, social and technology, and their application in business logistics in order to recognize and evaluate complex social, economic and scientific and technological progress phenomena.
2. Be aware of economic relations as a whole, as well as legislation, market and operation mechanism of the business organization from management perspective, the quality assurance methods, and methods which enable to deal with the challenges of the information age in the context of sustainable development in order to make business logistics solutions.
3. Know the business logistics organization and management standards, methods and models allowing to carry out the logistics process analysis, assessment of development options, make decisions based on evaluation of national and international economic environment, taking in to account changes in business processes, allowing the company to deal with performance analysis and optimization of logistics taking in to account sustainable development principles.
1. Apply a holistic, systematic, innovative approach to environmental assessment and performance, to think critically and to understand different points of view, to identify development opportunities, identify plants and their environment, processes, identify areas of improvement in the supply chain, and to form the set of possible solutions.
2. Apply quantitative and qualitative research methods for the study of business environment, summarizing findings and offer possible solutions in changing business environment.
3. Understand the business logistics activities, its systematicity, patterns, trends, economic and managerial situations and the dynamics, possibilities to implement information management systems, to be able to apply appropriate research methods for identifying the ptoblems, optiomization of flows of information, materials, and production.
1. Apply the latest theories and methods of fundamental and applied research-based management, economics and other sciences for improvement of business logistics system elements and processes.
2. Perform the research of business environment in order to develop sustainable business plans for logistic system of organization by applying modern management methods and models.
3. Develop business logistics strategies in a dynamic international environment, using innovative techniques in order to identify the causes and factors of efficient solutions for supply chain management optimization.
Be able to discuss in a proffesional language, to carry out ethical performance taking responsibility for individual and team actions.
Be able independently develop professional competence through lifelong learning, use self-expression and innovation based activities, solve problems through analytical, systematic thinking and present them in oral and written form
Activities of teaching and learning:
The student-oriented activities are planned according to the target knowledge and resultsatus of study program. The individual work (study literature analysis, systematization, compilation of a bibliographic list, analysis of a scientific article, work with databases, calculation and analysis of data, individual projects) or group activities (method of cooperation , concept and mind maps, debates, preparation of stencil reports, writing and / or presentation of reviews, team projects) teaching and learning methods are selected respectively for emphasizing the work of student or the teacher (lectures, reflections, interactive lectures) and leadership (mixed learning, problem-based training, prototyping), practical skills formation (sightseeing, guest's lecture, simulation, case study, problem-solving).
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Control works (with closed and / or open-ended questions); tests, computerized assessment tasks, thought cards, essay, colloquium (open theoretical questions), presentation of the research report in writing (or oral), report, laboratory work, defense of the coursework, final thesis (project) and its defense, written work (analysis of scientific literature), presentation of a stand announcement, presentation of a group report, peer review, presentation of the project, analysis of scientific articles, presentation of research, exam (open and closed type tasks).
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
General subjects of university studies includes 15 credits (Philosophy, Specific Language, Speciality English Language, Speciality German Language, Speciality French Language and other).
Fields of study and specialization subjects credits includes 201 (Engineering and Computer Graphics, Information Technologies, Linear Algebra and Mathematical Analysis, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Introduction to Business Logistics, Business Fundamentals, Management, Business Law, Engineering Principles, Foundations of Financial Decisions, Microeconomics, Quantitative Methods for Decision Making, Course Project of Quantitative Methods for Decision Making, Production Technology and Management (with course work), Transport Networks and Terminals, Accounting and Auditing, Regional Economics, Macroeconomics, Entrepreneurship (with course work), Introductory Practice, Transportation Service (with course work), Business Finance, Total Quality Management, Marketing, EU Tax System, Risk Management, Business Projects (with course work), Warehouse and Inventory Management, Industrial Logistics, Complex Project of Product Distribution, Waste Management and Green Logistics, Optimization Proceses of Logistics Systems, Supply Chain Management, Complex Project (Business Logistics), Professional Practice, Reverse Logistics and Sustainable Development, Information Management Systems, Management of Logistics Networks and Processes, Course Project of Management of Logistics Networks and Processes.
Preparation, appearance and defense of final thesis consists of 18 credits (Bachelor Graduation Thesis 1, Bachelor Graduation Thesis 2, Bachelor Graduation Thesis 3).
Students can choose the main subjects of the study field (Sociology, Protocol and Etiquette, Business Communication), (Speciality English Language 1 Speciality German Language 1, Speciality French Language 1), (Speciality English Language 2, Speciality German Language 2, Speciality French Language 2), (E-business, Management Psychology, Negotiation in Business).
Free choice obligatory course includes 6 credits.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Emphasis knowledge on global supply chain management, not limitates with transport logistics. Such knowledge is essential for new types of trading, manufacturing and service companies in contemporary business.
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to professional activity:
Will be able to successfully work in position of the logistics manager, unit manager or manager in optimizing, organizing logistic processes in production enterprises; construction companies; trading companies; transport and logistics companies; other business enterprises, which require some kind of business logistics solutions; public institutions,will also be able to develop their own logistics business.
Access to further study:
Students can continue to study Master's degree in business management or economics.