There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Tourism and Recreation
Language of instruction
| english, lithuanian
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Professional Bachelor of Business Management
Place of delivery
|Kalvarijų g. 137 E, LT-08221, Vilnius
Klaipėdos m. sav. Klaipėdos m. Nemuno g. 2
Vytauto pr. 23, 44352, Kaunas
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 8/31/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective of a study programme:
To train Tourism and Recreation business specialists, who are able to establish and manage a tourism business independently, to implement tourism projects, to organise hotel activities, to act responsibly in the national and international tourism markets.
A graduate of studies will be able:
1. to apply the theories and concepts of economy, management, business, law, tourism and other social sciences while organising tourism business processes and hotel activities;
2. to apply knowledge about tourism forms and types, tourism products and hotel services, hospitality standards, tourism business establishment and development;
3. to carry out research of tourism business environment, market and company activity, and assessment of resource demand and suitability, seeking to justify the solutions of tourism and hotel business organising and development;
4. independently and/or cooperating in a team to create the supply of tourism products oriented to customers with different needs and of different cultures while applying principles of hospitality, assurance of the quality of services and entrepreneurship;
5. to manage service sales processes of tourism and hotel sector in global business environment;
6. to prepare and implement tourism and hotel business projects taking into consideration available resources, tendencies of tourism service development;
7. to use effectively tourism information technologies while organising tourism and hotel activities, and while aiming to modernise the provision of tourism services;
8. to apply internal, external and intercultural communication models, team work principles in the processes of tourism business organising and communicating with customers;
9. responsibly and securely implement a professional activity, by following the norms of ethics, law and safety that regulate provision of tourism and accommodation services.
10. to evaluate systemically own professional activity, knowledge and experience, to foresee directions of self-expression and self-development, as well as develop own professionalism while performing in changing business environment.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Analysis of practical situations and case studies, project work, concept and idea map, task solving, document analysis, problem-based teaching, demonstration and analysis of practical examples, Real problems solving in projects activity, practices of professional activity, final thesis.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Cumulative assessment and a ten-point assessment system are applied. When applying cumulative assessment the learning outcomes are evaluated by interim assignments. Course unit programmes foresee certain structural elements of assessment, their weight in the final assessment, content, criteria and requirements for certain tasks of assessment. Studies of each course unit end with an examination. In the Final Thesis students demonstrate the achieved learning outcomes of Tourism and Recreation study programme.
Framework: Course units, practice:
Course Units of the Study Field:
Economic, Management, ourism Recourses and Geography, Basics of Tourism, Marketing, Tourism Business, Hospitality Services, Finance and Accounting, Tourism Information Systems, Sales Management, Social Research Methodology, Professional Foreign Language, Tourism Law and Safety, Organisation of Travel, Catering Services, Organisation of Hotel Processes, Eco-tourism, International Hotel Networks or Alternative Accommodation Forms, Business Tourism or Conference Tourism, Events Organisation arba Crises Management.
Optional course units correspond to the values of the University and aim at developing exceptional competences of a student in order to form a unified portrait of a student. 4 competences of a student are distinguished: Creativity and Entrepreneurship, Digital Communication, Linguistic Communication, Personal Development and Career Management.
Teaching and Final practices of professional activity are done.
Access to professional activity:
Graduates will be able to handle different types of tourism enterprises, providing accommodation and catering, travel, tourism, information, entertainment, and other services required to meet the needs of tourists, to lead the company's marketing, sales, customer service, travel, lodging and other units as well as to establish tourism businesses and hotels.
Access to further studies:
Studies can be continued in Lithuanian and foreign higher schools, implementing II cycle study programmes in the group of Business and Public Management study field. Graduates, aiming at studying in the second cycle studies of tourism and recreation field must conform to the requirements pre-set by the higher school and in the descriptor of the group of study field or fields, have knowledge and abilities necessary for studies in accordance with the programmes of a certain field. Graduates also may study according to study programmes that do not provide any degree.