There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Sport recreation and tourism
Language of instruction
| english, lithuanian
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Bachelor of Business Management
Place of delivery
|Kaunas, Sporto g. 6
Institution that has carried out assessment
| Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 8/31/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
On the basis of achievements in international level fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and technologies, to train a bachelor of sports recreation and tourism with all-rounded education, ethically responsible, creative and enterprising personality, able to develop, administer and manage services of active and passive recreation successfully, both in private and public sectors of tourism and recreation by promoting diversified recreation forms in the society.
Programme graduate will be able to:
1. Find and understand modern scientific ideas stemming from fundamental and applied interdisciplinary research and proven practices.
2. To understand the general trends of the development of science, theories and concepts of philosophy, and evaluate the political, economic, cultural and historical phenomena as social interaction.
3. Understand the basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics; be able to apply it aiming for specific competencies, and to recognize psycho-physiological changes in people of all ages.
4. Use scientific databases, evaluate the quality of the information source, use statistical and testing research methods in research in the field of social sciences, and produce and present the results using the latest information technologies.
5. Collect, analyze and present information using scientific research achievements and apply innovative information technologies to solve problems in professional activities.
6. Prepare oral and written public reports, participate in discussions and express their own thoughts convincingly.
7. Constructively and ethically communicate in native and foreign languages with customers, suppliers or other tourism and recreational service specialists of different ages, different cultures or social groups.
8. Apply a variety of communication tools required for effective cooperation in the leisure sector or in the communication conveying ideas, information or problems.
9. Take responsibility for carrying out various tasks and applying leadership principles while working in interdisciplinary teams.
10. Plan and organize team work in the learning process and professional activities providing tourism, recreation and leisure services and carrying out projects and events.
11. Ethically, responsibly analyze problems and solve them creatively in professional and learning environments, and make creative decisions.
12. Understand and plan their individual time for learning and professional activities.
13. Responsibly plan and manage their own and others’ time organizing and conducting recreation and leisure services, events or projects.
14. Adapt to changing environmental conditions and update professional knowledge learning independently or organizing self-learning in a group.
15. Creatively, independently and continuously learn from modern fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and proven practice, and apply that creatively in professional careers, improving their professional qualifications.
16. Understand a variety of forms of organization, entrepreneurship of tourism and recreational activities, the importance of their social responsibility, and their impact on the environment.
17. Understand and apply the versatility of the environment of tourism, sports recreation and leisure, the main aspects of the economy, business organization's accounting and finance of tourism and recreation, legal aspects of setting up business in the sectors of leisure and tourism.
18. Socially responsibly apply the main activity and entrepreneurial principles of tourism and leisure organizations, and plan and manage resources in leisure organizations and activities.
19. Understand and apply tourist information and reservation systems in the activities of tourism and recreation.
20. Select and organize appropriate forms of recreation, activities and services to customers according to customer groups, physical fitness, and needs subject to safety requirements.
21. Evaluate factors determining the behaviours of consumers organizations, manage conflicts, select and apply various marketing strategies while providing tourism and leisure services and planning projects.
22. Create competitive package services, determine their cost, select optimal allocation methods, and attractively deliver the services to public.
23. Understand the basics of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology, recognize psycho-physiological changes in human development during the whole life.
24. Understand the concepts of service delivery for the quality of life, therapeutic and inclusive recreation, plan, manage and evaluate methodologies of their operation.
25. Apply the basic principles of the methodology of teaching the basic skills in recreational activities and organization in the heterogenic group in the aspects age, gender, impairment and disability, physical fitness.
26. Understand the core principles of the organization of events, leisure activities as well as project management.
27. Create, manage and implement activities and projects in tourism, sports recreation and leisure generating their own and others’ ideas in non-governmental, public and private organizations.
28. Carry out tourism, sports recreation and leisure projects collaboratively in teams and communicate the results of the academic community and to the society.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Study process involves various empirical and analytical research, individual and group discussions, demonstration, case study, interactive learning, creative works, learning from experience, self-learning, seminars, lectures, workshops, debates, role plays, self-assessment activities, etc.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Oral and written examinations, conceptual maps, placement, case studies, portfolio, presentations / reports, essays, reports, colloquia, project work, etc.
Students may choose 15 credits from the list of optional modules offered.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
This program is unique in the field of leisure and recreation, training professionals focused on the organization of active leisure and sports recreation as well as entrepreneurial competence development. In the studies, there are great possibilities to acquire international experience choosing partial studies and internship abroad in the best universities in the field; participation in voluntary activities through leisure activities is promoted as well. Graduates will also acquire the qualification of a tour guide.