There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Language of instruction
| english, lithuanian
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Bachelor of Business Management
Place of delivery
|Vilnius, Dariaus ir Girėno g. 21
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 8/31/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of the study programme:
To prepare highly qualified modern aviation management specialists, aware of the global aviation industry and competitive challenges and laws, with a broad, multidisciplinary, integral critical scientific and practical thinking that helps to apply managerial models in the aviation sector, discover new opportunities and to develop and to implement added value business aviation projects, to lead various teams, projects and organizations operating in the dynamic aviation market.
Students have :
1. to understand and to know the modern management theories, the scope of diversity, capabilities and functional characteristics, to understand the global aviation sector, and the implications of theories of its capabilities.
2. to acquire new scientific knowledge in the field of management, be able to understand and to analyze the global aviation events and laws.
3. to understand the economic importance of the aviation industry, identify current challenges, trends and possible guidelines of development, apply the acquired knowledge to solve problems.
4. to be able to apply the managerial models practicaly planning and implementing projects in the aviation business, focusing and motivating teams.
5. to gain the ability to identify problems independently, observe new opportunities and develop new products and services that provide added value to the aviation sector.
6. to understand different areas of the aviation industry, to understand the features of their management and to be able to organize and implement managerial processes, to collect and analyze data, to select appropriate methods and tools.
7. to understand the financial management of the aviation sector and its importance to the development of aviation business.
8. to be able to communicate effectively and professionally in written and oral English and Lithuanian languages, to communicate both complete and incomplete information;
9. to be able to work in multicultural environments and complex social contexts, to use communication tools, methods, and different channels, as well as to act in social networks, while combining the interests of the government, citizens and business;
10. to acquire and apply analytical, creative and critical thinking skills in order to operate successfully in various fields of aviation management;
11. to be able to further develop their qualification competencies on their own by systematizing relevant information and to develop new abilities;
12. to be able to adapt at the changing social, economic, cultural and technological environment by using the knowledge gained and compiling new information.
Activities of teaching and learning:
The study process consists of a variety of teaching and learning methods that meet students' different learning styles and needs. In most courses in order to achieve more efficient assimilation of knowledge, several methods are combined: theoretical, involving, interactive, problem-based training lectures, workshops and seminars where students carry out practical tasks, analyze work-related cases and situations, prepare presentations for certain subject courses, participate in discussions, develop individual and team projects, discuss the sources of visual material and other. During individual work hours students analyze speciality-related literature, search for information and do research work.
Methods of assessment of learning outcomes:
Cumulative assessment is applied. It consists of intermediate assignments (colloquia, practical work, individual and team assignments and their presentation, research work, etc.) and evaluation of students' performance at written or oral examination.
Students have tvo optional subjects:
1. Global Economy or Intercultural Communication,
2. Technological Innovation Management, or Social Capital Management.
Distinctive features of the study programme:
It is the first study programme of this type, because none of the universities in Lithuania has or administers any specialised aviation related degree program that gives Bachelor's Degree in Management