There are no other study programmes for comparison
Search study programmes for comparison:
Aircraft Mechanism Technical Maintenance
Language of instruction
Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded
|Professional Bachelor of Engineering Sciences
Place of delivery
|Kaunas, Tvirtovės al. 35
Institution that has carried out assessment
Institution that has performed accreditation, accreditation term
|Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras, 6/30/2020
Data provided or updated (date)
Order on accreditation
|More about programme
Institutions providing this programme
Programmes with similar name
Programmes granting same qualifications
Summary of the Profile
Objective(s) of a study programme:
To train specialists in the field of aeronautical engineering, who are able to qualitatively solve the maintenance and repair tasks of aircraft mechanical systems, applying theoretical knowledge and methodologies corresponding to technological progress in a constantly changing environment and striving for professional development.
• Know general physical processes and laws of natural sciences and mathematics that are necessary to understand the fundamentals of the Aircraft mechanism technical maintenance study program.
• Know the fundamental concepts of Aircraft mechanism technical maintenance study programm related to aerospace engineering study field and understand their content.
• Have basic knowledge of aerospace engineering Aircraft mechanism technical maintenance study programm which are important in practice.
• Be able to apply knowledge and understanding in order to solve problems of Aircraft mechanism technical maintenance study programme, also to apply known methods creatively.
• Be able to apply knowledge and understanding analysing Aircraft mechanism technical maintenance engineering problems and selecting proper methods and experimental and manufacturing equipment for their solution.
• Be able to apply engineering knowledge and understanding, formulating and performing the design tasks technical operation process according to foreseen requirements.
• Understand design methodology of operational processes and be able to apply it.
• Be able to find necessary professional information using databases and other scientific and engineering information sources.
• Be able to perform experiments necessary for aircraft mechanism technical maintenance engineering tasks, process the results and present their practical conclusions.
• Be able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge in the selection of engineering solutions, tools and equipment required for the implementation of engineering solutions.
• Understand ethical, environment protection and commercial circumstances of engineering activity.
• Be able to solve engineering tasks individually and in team.
• Be able to communicate with engineering community and general public.
• Understand the impact of engineering solutions to society and environment, comply with standards of ethical and engineering activities, understand the responsibility for the engineering performance.
• Understand the main project implementation and management aspects under engineering activity level.
• Comprehend the importance of individual long-life learning and prepare for it.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Student - oriented teaching applying innovative teaching and learning methods.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Learning achievements assessment is carried out during the semester and examination session. Cumulative assessment system is applied and learning achievements are assessed by interim assessments. Examination or course paper presentation is applied during examination session. Ten grade scale system is applied. Final grade consists of interim and examination grades. Final grade is calculated according to the proportions foreseen in the subject description.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
Scope of general collegial subjects – 15 credits.
Foreign language (English), Aviation law, Philosophy/Sociology, Situation management psychology/Project Management.
Scope of core and compulsory subjects – 141 credits.
Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology, Engineering Graphics, Technical Measurements, Computer-Aided Drawing, Mechanics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, Development of Aviation, Aviation Engineering Materials, Aircraft Navigation Systems, Environment Protection and Human Safety, Fundamentals of Aerodynamics, Aircraft Supplies, Aircraft Structures, Aircraft Functional Systems, Aircraft engines and fuel systems, Aircraft Computer systems, Aircraft screws, Aircraft hydraulic and pneumatic systems, Human factors in aviation engineering, Semester work.
Scope of subjects for deeper specialization – 15 credits.
Aircraft Flight and Landing Systems, Aircraft Maintenance and Repair.
Practical training: Training Practice, Aircraft Technological Practice, Final Practice.
Possibility to choose subjects (modules) of different area.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Study programme is oriented towards both - the development of professional special competences and general skills and values.
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to professional activity:
Graduates who are awarded Aeronautical engineering professional bachelor's degree can work in aircraft or helicopter repair and maintenance companies, in airports and their departments and other enterprises that require mechanical engineers and technicians.
Access to further study:
Graduates of the study programme have an access to Master‘s Degree.